Really? No no REALLY, did you really just say that with that?
As many of you know, I am the copy editor on my school newspaper. This means that I will pretty much grade the reporter's work. I will fix spelling and grammar errors and also tell the person that what they just wrote is complete crap or very good. Now, I just read something on the interweb and I want to edit it. After the first sentence I thought, "uhh yeah not a great writer." By the second sentence I knew that I should just leave this page and stop reading this monstrosity. But, I kept going. By the end I found myself fixing every error in my head. Each time I would get to one I would think "WRONG...WRONG...WRONG....Really? Why would you say that?"
I think the only reason why I am doing this is because I have a big head and think I have a say in how everyone should write, but I know I dont. As the train wreck went on I kept thinking really? Isn't it common knowledge to add a comma or two in some sentences? Or I dont know, good spelling? Or maybe even a little thing called organization? I don'tknow, but I believe that some papers, blogs, interweb sites, need a little organization.
Mimi
FYI this is not a post about anyone's blog that I read regularly. So no worries.
Cinnamon Buns, WRITE A NEW BLOG
I think the only reason why I am doing this is because I have a big head and think I have a say in how everyone should write, but I know I dont. As the train wreck went on I kept thinking really? Isn't it common knowledge to add a comma or two in some sentences? Or I dont know, good spelling? Or maybe even a little thing called organization? I don'tknow, but I believe that some papers, blogs, interweb sites, need a little organization.
Mimi
FYI this is not a post about anyone's blog that I read regularly. So no worries.
Cinnamon Buns, WRITE A NEW BLOG


2 Comments:
Well good because if you were saying those things about my blog I might just have to just you.
How did your dance and video go?? :D
Welcome to my world. Just wait until you learn about fonts, kerning, line breaks, dashes, misused quotation marks and all the other things that drive editors crazy.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home