Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Please Please Me


So writing. I have recently realized, I LOVE WRITING. It may not be conveyed through my blog, but I truely love it. I can write all day and not get tired of it. No matter the topic, I will write because I love it so much. Even if the topic was "If I were a Principal for the day I would..." As I was sitting in English class, I had writers block, I started thinking of this blog. Instead of starting my essay, I was writing out what to say in my next blog. I was thinking about how much writers block sucks. You sit there and think and wait for inspiration. Then there is always that moment where you realize, you are not going to find any inspiration. So you distract yourself with daydreams, thoughts of other classes, getting a job, etc. Then BAM inspiration hits somewhere between that cute guy in the hall and wondering when to call that place back. Then its like the ocean. Let me explain: ENDLESS. You cant stop writing, until you hit land. Whether land be another block or the end. Also, the ocean is huge. There is no limit to how much you can write. Thats what I love. NO LIMIT. There are soo many things to write about. So many things to give your opinion to. There is so much! My english and journalism teachers have opened my eyes to this revelation and I am so glad they have.

Maleena

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So glad you have found inspiration in writing, because I am inspired to read whatever you write. I check almost daily and am disappointed when there is nothing new.
So let that water flow and write, write, write.

September 24, 2009 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

Best explanation ever about writer's block: If you sit down to write, but can't. Then go do something. You don't just sit on the toilet and wait to poop. You live your life. You eat things. And then, when it's time, you poop. It's the same with writing. If nothing's coming out, go watch a movie. Read a book. Talk to your friends. Clean. And when it's time for something to come out, you'll know. (Thank you Chuck Palahniuk.)

Of course, part of what I'm saying is that you need to read more. It's amazing how much it helps your writing.

September 28, 2009 at 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home