Saturday, October 3, 2009

And When It All Goes to Hell, Will You Be Able To Tell Me Sorry With a Straight Face?

So you may remember a while ago I wrote a blog about certain songs that spark certain memories. Well recently that has been happning again but in a different way. Let me explain. There is a song that I used to listen to over and over and over again. Pretty soon I listened to it too many times and lost interest. Well lately I have been listening to it again. And now everytine I hear it I get really really happy. You see, I don't know why. There is no specific memory or any memory that comes to mind when I hear it. Just any mood I'm in sad, mad, frustrated, confused, etc I will perk up and be really really happy. But if I listen to it again right after that I am not as happy. In fact as soon as the song is over I'm back in my previous mood and listening to it again makes it worse. It confuses me. I don't get it. And in try really hard to think of something that had ever made me feel like that 2 years ago when I would listen to it, but nothing comes to mind. I am at a loss.

If you were wondering what song it is, it's "Patron Saints of Liars and Fakes" by Fall Out Boy from their first album.

Maleena (is awesome)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Maleena,
I have those times too when you are looking for something to make you happy. You may be surprised to know that a playlist of sad depressing songs actually makes you feel better. You should try it. I've been listening to "Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want" ALL DAY. The one from 500 days of summer that is a remake by that girl (is it Zoe Deschanel??) Anyways, it's depressing but i love it.

October 12, 2009 at 9:30 PM  
Blogger Miranda said...

Yeah, uh, you need a new blog now :)

October 24, 2009 at 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home