Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"I'm Your Victim and All You Need is an Alibi"

When I was doing my school work in Utah, David made me listen to classical music. Its said that classical music is esupposed help you concentrate. I have to say that this is true. While listening to this music I am not working my brain double time by trying to remember lyrics while reading, or trying to get the beat while tapping my foot, which is impossible for me. Anyways, when I first started listening to the music I couldn't tell when the song changed. I thought the same song was going on forever. Then after a while I was getting bored, but since I was getting bored, I was concentrating on school with background music. Then yesterday while listening to the classical music I got en email about a famous violonist who played on the corner of a subway area place, and everyone just walked by. Some stopped but others didn't care.

That got me thinking. The classical music genre is always in the corner of stores and its never anyone's favorite music. Sure some songs are familiar to people, but they don't really know what they are listening to. People may have heard of Mozart and Beethoven but have they heard of John Field, or Johannes Brahms? I'll admit I had no idea who these people were and I would always make fun of classical music. Now I am appreciating it. Are you? :)

Sensei Master

Cinnamon Buns, yeah... I dont know what to put.

4 Comments:

Blogger L-to-the-Del said...

I read that same article, it was interesting that people did not pay much attention. I like classical music. My favorite composers are Beethoven, Hayden, and Mozart. There is another one I like but I forget his name.

January 13, 2009 at 10:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like classical music too. The best is when you hear a classical song and realize you recognize it, from a cartoon! That's the best.

January 15, 2009 at 10:49 PM  
Blogger inutero said...

I'm with you Maleena I'm not much of a fan, but I do think it helps when you need to concentrate. Mostly it makes me think of music from different movies that I love. Try making a Danny Elfman playlist on Pandora Radio.

January 20, 2009 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Miranda said...

Haha! I listen to classical to make me feel smart!

(I even have it programmed on my radio.) :)

February 23, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home